Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Last book you've read

books reading

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
The last book I finished was The Social Construction of Reality by Peter Berger and Thomas Luckmann. I found it to be much more readable than I had been anticipating.

Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I just put down a top read of a book. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink.
Translated from German in an excellent readable way it tells of a 15 year boy having a sexual relationship with an older woman that goes on to another time when she is on trial for German war crimes. It is in the courtroom where the young man now a law student comes to a point where he has to decide on all aspects of human relationships including his own.
http://bestsellers.a...der_schlink.htm

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
American Psycho. Sickest book I've ever read.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia

American Psycho. Sickest book I've ever read.

I've got a book waiting to pick up at the library. It's got something to do with the underworld here in Australia. I'm sure to meet some sickos along the way. Eek!

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
Deception Point by Dan Brown.

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
Seven Theories of Human Nature by Leslie Forster Stevenson.

Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Started reading The Life and Times of Darcy Dugan. He was a well known criminal some years ago. A good read.

Deathstar 80

Deathstar 80

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Right now, I'm reading a book called "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy" by Eric Metaxas. It's a biography about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German who was involved in the assassination plot of Hitler during the holocaust. It has a lot of detail about Bonhoeffer's life which most people find boring, but I actually like the fact that it's detailed. It helps me to get to know Dietrich Bonhoeffer better.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I just finished a kids ebook my wife wrote. Not bad. I hope she does well selling it.
How I Saved The World Amazing Adventures Of An Almost Superhero Adventures Of Jed Pepper

Anyone want a free copy Christmas Day and Boxing Day.? Send me a PM beforehand.

RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I have just decided to read Steinbeck's 'Of Mice and Men', I like reading older books as it is really interesting to explore the history behind the story. I very much liked reading it and would suggest it to others, it is a pretty interesting book about discrimination and loneliness.

jevika

jevika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationindia
I'm currently reading The Picture of Dorian Grey by Ocsar Wilde

franchiseindia2

franchiseindia2

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Location4th & 5th floor, Charmwood Plaza, Eros Garden, Charmwood Village, Surajkund Road, Faridabad
I'm currently reading China Lake Chapter 2
Peter Wyoming's church sat close to traffic on a downtown street, beneath a slice of the moon in a sky gone indigo.
The building had originally housed a furniture store, and through showroom windows. I saw a hundred people seated on folding chairs, packed into a bare commercial space under fluorescent lighting.
Music pulsed through the glass. A heavy beat pounded out on piano and electric bass; a heavy beat pounded out on piano and electric bass, ripe with unsettling energy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users