Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Favorite cartoon as a child?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
Actually, I still watch cartoons until now. :D My favorite is Spongebob Squarepants. Haha! :)

audreyso

audreyso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
As a child remember that my most favorite cartoon character is Denver the last dinosaur, I used to sing the opening song I think with a hanger on one hand pretending it was a guitar. When I was a toddler, I love scooby doo, and I still love it until now, but the old series seems to be much better.

ojadalia

ojadalia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
My favorite cartoon changes depending on how young I was. When I was atoddler, I remember that i was really into Tom and Jerry and I remember watching this on Betamax for hours. When I was in primary school and onwards, my favorite cartoons became the old Looney Toons characters esp. Bugs Bunny and I eventually got into Japanese animation and never looked back since. As of now, my favorite cartoons aside from a lot of Japanese anime titles include Spongebob Squarepants, Family Guy, and Napoleon Dynamite, so far.

Kittykarina

Kittykarina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
When I was little my favorite cartoon was Alvin and The Chipmunks. I also liked She-Ra and Thundercats. My favorite cartoon as an adult is Spongebob Squarepants. Love that show!

Parker

Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I just loved Bugs Bunny when I was a kid. I liked the fact that he could be fairly nice and mischevious. As an adult, I enjoy watching the Flinstones. I have the Flinstones on DVD. I admit it. I didn't get it when I was a kid, but as an adult I totally get all the jokes.

aw1219

aw1219

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My favorite cartoon as a child was watching the silent cartoons. I love watching the Pink Panther but of course they have changed it over the years and have come out with different series where his character talked and didn't talk but I thought that the show was funny in general. I also liked watching Tom and Jerry. It may have seemed liked the predictable cat and mouse chase although you never knew exactly what mischief they were going to get into every week. I was always looked forward to watching it and I still do today.

Mystique

Mystique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationCape Town
My favourite cartoon(s) as a child would be Snoopy/Charlie Brown, Heathcliff, Thundercats, Care Bears, X-Men, Transformers, Garfield, He-Man and The Master of The Universe, and Jem & the Holograms :lol: I watched all of them religiously.

These days, I try to catch Family Guy (I adore Stewie Griffin) and American Dad, but I noticed that the creator is recycling the jokes. So, I don't find them as entertaining anymore.
~ Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else ~

altrouge

altrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Actually, I still watch cartoons until now. :D My favorite is Spongebob Squarepants. Haha! :)

I'm like you, I still watch a bit of cartoons, if I spot them somewhere. Otherwise I stick with my NCIS and Criminal Minds. Anyway, my favourite when I was younger was Scooby Doo and Martin Mystery. Those were the best. Haha, even when it comes to cartoons I would love the horror/comedy side.

Posted Image

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

I'm like you, I still watch a bit of cartoons, if I spot them somewhere. Otherwise I stick with my NCIS and Criminal Minds. Anyway, my favourite when I was younger was Scooby Doo and Martin Mystery. Those were the best. Haha, even when it comes to cartoons I would love the horror/comedy side.

I also like Martin Mystery! I like it better than Super Gals. :P I was never really into Scooby Doo because it wasn't aired on our local TV.

altrouge

altrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

I also like Martin Mystery! I like it better than Super Gals. :P I was never really into Scooby Doo because it wasn't aired on our local TV.

I've never heard of Super Gals, that just reminded me though of Totally Spies. That was a good one too. And I can't believe I totally forgot about Captain Planet! I remember how I always am dying to watch that when I was younger :lol:

Posted Image

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

I've never heard of Super Gals, that just reminded me though of Totally Spies. That was a good one too. And I can't believe I totally forgot about Captain Planet! I remember how I always am dying to watch that when I was younger :lol:

Oh, yeah I was talking about Totally Spies! I just remembered that Super Gals is an anime. Lol. :P

classy_ally

classy_ally

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationArlington
Although I don't remember it, my mother says Felix the Cat was my favorite cartoon. I liked it so much my mother nicknamed me Kat. And I answer to that name to this day. I love cartoons. I will always be a kid at heart.

Kevintook

Kevintook

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The Simpsons…still is too

Do you think about tax planning

ChatRBox

ChatRBox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Even though I don't go crazy over it, my favorite cartoon from my childhood and still today is The Raccoons. What makes it different from the cartoons of the U.S.A. is that the Canadian voices sound very weird as well as the character designs, and I love weird! I just love the story lines and actual music that used other than the wacky crazed music used in silly cartoons. Let me tell you, if I were to make a cartoon which with a crossover story, I would rather use something underrated and good like this.

Casual_Caravan

Casual_Caravan

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Courage the Cowardly Dog! I remember staying up way past bedtime just to watch another episode. Great stuff. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users