Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Your opinions on Windows7?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Colpini

Colpini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNY
I recently installed Win7(last night lol) so far im liking it.. I was
always using WinXP pro, and now I am running Win7. New features are
pretty sick. Gadgets I am loving lol.

Anybody else like it? or whats your thoughts on it?

ojadalia

ojadalia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I also got Win 7 installed as the default OS when I got a new laptop and i have to say that the improvements I've noticed since the first release are quite noticable and very much appreciated. The ver of Win 7 i have so far has yet to disapoint me and I am extremely satisfied. I only hope that i can rely on the stability of Win 7 as much as I have on the Win XP over the years especially with regards to games.

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I got Windows 7 when I bought the new computer last year. I think it's great, the gadgets are nice. To me it seems like a good improvement from the Windows XP, not really used Windows Vista much so I don't know about any changes from that to Windows 7.

UmiNoor

UmiNoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
I've never used Windows Vista. I have been using XP for quite a few years and never bothered to upgrade it to Vista since I've heard that so many people don't really like Vista but when Windows 7 came out, I was at first reluctant to upgrade but my computer crashed and I had to re-install my OS so I thought I might as well install the latest version of Windows and I really like that it's faster than XP. So far I have no complaints with this version of Windows.

Houston Owner

Houston Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationHosuton
Its the best windows I ever used by far! Amazing options & themes!

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon
I have never used the new windows.. what is it like?

cugis

cugis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I like window 7 more than XP.

MakingCents

MakingCents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I like windows 7 for the most part. I purposefuly waited when I needed a new computer until they had windows 7 so I could avoid teh disaster that was vista. The snipping tool is probably my favorite new gadget as it makes taking a screen shot insanely easy now.

Jessi

Jessi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I really like Windows 7. I've used every version since Windows, uh, 95 (and that includes royal failures like ME), and Windows 7 is my favorite so far. I've still run into some issues here or there and it did take me a while before I decided I liked it better than Vista, but I won't be going back now. :)

Do you play with your food? Quirky Cookery

MakingCents

MakingCents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Window 7 is up there with one of my favorites but I think I liked XP the best.

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon
I have to agree! I downloaded it to and the new things they added is pretty cool :P

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
Windows 7 is in my opinion a rewrite of Vista. It is what Vista should of been. I do like 7 though.

Windows 8 is coming out soon. Let's see how that is. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon
There is going to be windows 8? Can't wait for that :P

Anurag M

Anurag M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndia
I have been using Windows 7 for like 1 year now, and I am loving it so far. Although at first when I saw Windows 7, I thought, I would better stick to XP. I was kind of addicted to XP back then. But after exploring the functions of Windows 7 for almost 1 year I cannot even think of using XP anymore. Especially for the search function. xD

Rhys

Rhys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
It's a nice operating system but you can't beat XP.

Anurag M

Anurag M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndia

It's a nice operating system but you can't beat XP.

I don't agree. Windows 7 has so much features that it easily can beat XP or any other OS.

Matt

Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I think it's great. Got it on two laptops and it works fine, so I'm not complaining.

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
I really like Windows 7, started using it 2 years ago, and still loving it.
Posted Image

alfishstik

alfishstik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationVancouver
Windows 7 is the amped-up XP. It's fast enough and appealing overall.
Still waiting for Windows 8 though. I'll bet Windows 9 won't even have the "desktop"!

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
To the best of my knowledge my opinions are not on Windows 7. I guess it would be a fairly large ego boost if my opinions were deems so worthy as to be a necessary part of a major operating system.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users