Clicky

Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Why is music so powerful?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Colpini

Colpini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNY
Why is music so powerful?

It has a flow which we'd like to float.
That way it make you feel like floating.. So relaxed that someone else is carrying you..

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,072 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
It connects with people, it has emotions and it can may you feel a certain way - uplifting songs etc.

UmiNoor

UmiNoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
I guess some music has the ability to invoke emotions to encourage specific behavior for example in a shopping mall, soothing music will be played so that shoppers are encouraged to buy and buy and at closing time, fast music is played to instil a sense of urgency so that shoppers will quickly finish their shopping so that the store can close for business. Psychologists have studied this type of effects that music has on the behaviors of humans. And that is what make music such a powerful tool.

ojadalia

ojadalia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I think music has a huge influence on people because it is a universal medium and it is a staple in most cultures. Music is also a versatile tool in exercising freedom and artistic expression and most people can relate to it in some way.

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
Music is so powerful because it is a very effective way of expressing feelings. Listeners connect to each other in a special way because they understand the emotions behind a certain song. Personally, it helps me lighten my mood when I'm depressed or stressed out. It is also my way of letting out my feelings, since I'm a songwriter. :)

tunescool

tunescool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
music can bring people together, a nite out somewhere dancing, concerts, hanging out with friends, theres the common bond. more than anything i think tho is its your life and its what you do when your alone, in the car or at home. its your world, its your music and thats what you listen to. no matter what goes on during your day, your partner, your family, spouse, once you return to your music, youre happy alone with your youthful attitude, personality and your own thought. people like to hear things loud as well

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon
When I listen to music it makes me feel much better, as it can change my mood automaticly or even bring out emotions!

phio_chan

phio_chan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationHidden Universe

What a hard question. :P

Music is powerful because... it has messages which might be hard to convey through normal conversations. It has melodies, lyrics, and arrangements; all which integrated into one produced a product capable of moving people's hearts.

"The person whom I miss like crazy... is you."

Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Music is power in the many ways as suggested by the previous posters. I did hear years that 12 bar blues has the same rhythm as a heart beat which connects the listener with the music. So I guess music connects to the body and mind of the listener.

Houston Owner

Houston Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationHosuton
It has a flow which we'd like to float.
That way it make you feel like floating.. So relaxed that someone else is carrying you..

Kody

Kody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

There are many things that can cause one to feel stressed, tired, and irritable. One's mind and body needs to remain peaceful and calm. The easiest and most enjoyable solution to get one's erratic cells back "in tune" is through music.

Music is a great resource that has a very tranquilizing effect. It can help the mind to concentrate. When arranged and presented in a calming manner, music has many positive physical effects.

Listening to the soothing tones of chant or Native American flute and harp is a great way to get the body resonating back to its natural state. Every cell in the human body has its own natural resonating frequency. When one's frequencies resonate in sync , he or she is " in tune" When the cells are "out of tune" that leads him or her to feel unwell.

One can immediately become relaxed by listening to soothing music. Long-term effects of inner peace and tranquility will become present with prolonged listening.

Guthrum

Guthrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

There are many things that can cause one to feel stressed, tired, and irritable. One's mind and body needs to remain peaceful and calm. The easiest and most enjoyable solution to get one's erratic cells back "in tune" is through music.

Music is a great resource that has a very tranquilizing effect. It can help the mind to concentrate. When arranged and presented in a calming manner, music has many positive physical effects.

Listening to the soothing tones of chant or Native American flute and harp is a great way to get the body resonating back to its natural state. Every cell in the human body has its own natural resonating frequency. When one's frequencies resonate in sync , he or she is " in tune" When the cells are "out of tune" that leads him or her to feel unwell.

One can immediately become relaxed by listening to soothing music. Long-term effects of inner peace and tranquility will become present with prolonged listening.

And also, you need to listen to music that has a positive impact on your body.

THT

THT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

And also, you need to listen to music that has a positive impact on your body.

What kind of music do you recommend?

Bertrand Russel

Bertrand Russel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

What kind of music do you recommend?

Classical is good. Try melodies that have simple, uncomplicated arrangements.

THT

THT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Classical is good. Try melodies that have simple, uncomplicated arrangements.

When should I listen to classical music?

Bertrand Russel

Bertrand Russel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

When should I listen to classical music?

Whenever you are feeling over-stimulated or irritated.

Giorgios

Giorgios

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVirginia

I'll say this from a religious perspective since I'm a huge music person. I've always said that God's greatest gift to us is Music, and it's in turn that we use that gift to give back to Him in Worship. Take for example hymns and other popular songs, they get people involved in all ways, either emotionally or physically. I know music has affected me in my daily routines like the OP said, and it's really cool to see how others react. :)

Ashish92

Ashish92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndia

Music in my opinion is the best way to change one's emotional turbulence and that's why it is considered so powerful. 

THT

THT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Whenever you are feeling over-stimulated or irritated.

I fancy this idea. I will listen to music until my body becomes calm.

Bertrand Russel

Bertrand Russel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

I fancy this idea. I will listen to music until my body becomes calm.

You will be amazed at how different things will look. Things that bothered you before won't matter as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users