Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Death Sentance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GAF

GAF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK
What do you think about it? I think it can be a good idea. I mean an eye for an eye and all of that but I also agree that is is somewhat overused and the wrong people end up been punished for it.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I have always been against the death sentence. Though now I can make an exception. You may have heard of that horrific mass murder in Norway last July. Anders Breivkik, as well as a bombing, in which 8 died, he then went to an island where young teenagers were on a camp. He cold bloodily killed 69, and he has no regrets in his actions. I believe he is not insane but a psychopathic killer. He may only spend 21 years in prison or maybe longer if proven insane. I am so horrified by his actions, I will make one exception in my belief and hope he is removed from humanity by Death.
http://www.reuters.c...E83J12820120420

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
I fully support capital punishment as long as the court strictly follows the law and punish the right person, not a wrongly accused one.

altrouge

altrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
Ah, this has been the topic in my "religion" class for a week now. I was getting ill tempered as the teacher is being bias over it i.e she's only giving out presentations as to why we have to be against it, instead of giving reasons for both choices. I support capital punishment. Call it inhumane and not successfully serves as a deterrent but it definitely rids of the people who are a threat to the society, given that they have sentenced the right person.

One situation : murder.
There are anti capital punishment people who argue that the families of those in death row are devastated, and will be broken into pieces once this loved one of theirs sits down on an electric chair. Question is, what about the family of the victim? Do you think a simple life sentence (where they could get out of jail early anyway, ah messed up system) would mend them up that easy?

Posted Image

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK

If it is proven the person committed the crime, and it a hurrendous crime then it should be allowed. It will provide closure for any people or families affected and allow them to get on with their life. 

Not only that it would save prisons a lot of money, it costs a lot of money to keep prisoners healthy, fed, watered, clothed and warm. Some of the people in our prisons do not deserve our handouts. 

ImmenseRadio.com - Non Stop Dance

ImmenseLive.com - Just Great Music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users