Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

What Star sign are you?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

polo75

polo75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

I am Cancerian. 15th July.

cugis

cugis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Gemini...

Bilalan

Bilalan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationpakistan

I can't believe some people actually believe in horoscope reading or go to astrologers. I am against any kind of fortune telling.

Plicao

Plicao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAmerica

I can't believe some people actually believe in horoscope reading or go to astrologers. I am against any kind of fortune telling.

The best is when they tell you that astrologers can offer you insight into the inner mechanisms of a relationship and that it can lead to further personal growth and a more fulfilling relationship.

Bilalan

Bilalan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationpakistan

The best is when they tell you that astrologers can offer you insight into the inner mechanisms of a relationship and that it can lead to further personal growth and a more fulfilling relationship.

Seriously, how can anyone buy that? Or what about those who want to know what is in store for them in the future?

Plicao

Plicao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Seriously, how can anyone buy that? Or what about those who want to know what is in store for them in the future?

I just think that people don't like the unpredictable. Astrology gives one the feeling of control over his or her life.

Bilalan

Bilalan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationpakistan

I just think that people don't like the unpredictable. Astrology gives one the feeling of control over his or her life.

True, but I think even better reasons are flattery and vanity. The horoscopes with personality profiles tend to use words such as: sensitive, emotional, active, practical, and pleasant. It is character traits like those that everyone likes to associate with him or herself.

Plicao

Plicao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAmerica

True, but I think even better reasons are flattery and vanity. The horoscopes with personality profiles tend to use words such as: sensitive, emotional, active, practical, and pleasant. It is character traits like those that everyone likes to associate with him or herself.

How can you even stereotype people, especially based on one's time and date of birth? I personally would talk anyone who is interested in this kind of thing, out of it!

Bilalan

Bilalan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationpakistan

How can you even stereotype people, especially based on one's time and date of birth? I personally would talk anyone who is interested in this kind of thing, out of it!

I am put off by all of it. I find it to be too unrealistic.

ledinsek

ledinsek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHagapolis

I am put off by all of it. I find it to be too unrealistic.

Astrology is the belief that mankind is not only influenced by hereditary factors and the environment, but by the state of the solar system at the time of one's birth. The precise moment when one is born, the planets and constellations are aligned in a particular position. This position can be systematically related to one's character and personality traits. It can also be related to one's relationships with others, his or her profession, and auspicious times in his or her life.
These points, where the sun and planets are positioned at various times are called signs. It is these signs that astrologers use to read one's horoscope. Astrologists believe that a complete and comprehensive picture can be formed about a person based on the horoscope.

Astrology is the oldest science in the world. Astrology originated in Mesopotamia around 6000 years ago. From the ancient ruins of the civilizations in Babylon, Greece, China, and Rome; there has been records found of the study of astrology. Since that time, royals have believed in it, and Presidents have relied on it.

Back in 702 A.D., Venerable Bede wrote that, "Stars have no effect on human beings." Over 1300 years later, people are still fascinated with reading their horoscope.

Today, most people know their sign and over half read their horoscope daily.

KAGE-008

KAGE-008

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Scorpio. I was born in November.

runicajame

runicajame

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLahore

i am libra........ born in 4th oct.

SteveJackson

SteveJackson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationJacksonville

Libra  

stockbrokers

stockbrokers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationindonesia

I'm a proud Libra

night traveller

night traveller

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEast Anglia

Saw an article recently, can't remember where, where it was claimed that some research has shown that the phase of the Moon does have some actual effect on people. Nevertheless, I reckon the horoscopes you read in the paper have less value than the paper they're wrote on!

Otherwise me and myself are Gemini   II

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users