Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

What languages can you speak?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
I can speak English, Filipino, and a little bit of Spanish, French, and Japanese. What about you?

general

general

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
I can speak Taiwanese, Chinese, Japanese and English.

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I can speak English and Gujarati, also understand Hindi but I'm not that well at speaking it.

altrouge

altrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
I can speak English, Spanish (on the way to fluency), and Filipino (because my mother is one and I just had to learn it). I'm supposed to know Irish but I didn't take that class so yeah, bad idea :(

Posted Image

Parker

Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
The only language I speak fluently is English. I can read Spanish and speak enough to get out of trouble. When I was younger, my family lived in Germany. I spoke and read German fluently. I only remember a few words. The knowledge is still with me though. Last year, I was talking to a friend about my time in Germany and I said a phrase in German. At the time I spoke, I knew what it meant, but as soon as I said it, the knowledge was gone. I think if I took a class I'll be able to pick it up again.

xclusiveyachts

xclusiveyachts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationdubai
well, I can speak English as it mother tongue. I am learning french language these days and I have little bit knowledge about Arabic

tunescool

tunescool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
i only know english, i started taking german in school but that never worked out

Mystique

Mystique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationCape Town
I speak English and Malay fluently. Okay, the informal Malay, that is. It was a miracle that I actually passed my exams in Malay. When I was 14, I spoke French quite fluently, but when our neighbour moved back to France, I didn't have anyone else to talk to in French.

Nowadays, I'm learning Afrikaans and I would like to learn another language, maybe I'll take up French again.
~ Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else ~

secret

secret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Locationnc
I speak english, somewhat fluently. I'm trying to learn french though. Started an audio tape series a week ago.

ojadalia

ojadalia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I can speak and write English and Filipino fluently and I know a bit of Japanese from watching too much anime.

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

I can speak and write English and Filipino fluently and I know a bit of Japanese from watching too much anime.

That's where I learned my bits of Japanese, too! :P I'm trying to read raw manga these days, but ugh! ... :confused2:

Creaky

Creaky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
Just English, never had the need to learn anything else.
Technology Forum • Technology & Gaming forum
Credit Info • Articles to restore your credit

BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHeaven ;)
I can speak English, French a bit of spanish and VERY few Russian words.

Houston Owner

Houston Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationHosuton
Well I can speak English properly!

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon
I can speak english and a bit of spanish :)

rishi12

rishi12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationDelhi
I can speak only English and Hindi.

cugis

cugis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I can speak English and French.

MakingCents

MakingCents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I unfortunately can only speak english. I have alway wanted so badly to learn a new language but I never can. It's like I'm language stupid or something. Our library recently got free access to the rosetta stone website so I thought I may give it another try.

jallyjames

jallyjames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA

English and some french. I'm still working on japanese.

jason.1

jason.1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Locationus

i can speak only english :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users