Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Daily Calorie Intake

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
How many calories do you consume daily?

My doctor told me I need to consume about 6,000-7,000 calories a day! The magic of swimming - you get to eat a lot!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bin_bOx

Bin_bOx

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIreland
I'm not entirely sure, but it is definitely in the 3,000-5,000 range. Although I do exercise regularly, drink plenty of water and I also work out whenever I get the chance, so there's no chance of me getting fat. :P

Posted Image

shaun

shaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I do not worry about counting calories, life is too shot for that. I focus on eating nutrient dense food, when I eat food I think about the nutrients it offers rather than the amount of calories it contains. If a nutrient dense food happens to be calorific, I don't care.

Superpie36

Superpie36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
I don't keep track of my caloric intake anymore. I recently learned that calories don't really matter. As long as you're eating healthy foods, you can have as many calories as you want. A thousand calories worth of nuts is healthier than a 200 calorie Hershey's milk chocolate bar.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Eat well. Sleep well and ensure you at least walk a mile or two a day.

micro1000â„¢

micro1000â„¢

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
I am not sure, don't keep a track of that.
Posted Image

AnnaS

AnnaS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

I'm consuming 2040 kcal per day for this week. I'm on weight loss plan now. 

Next week it should be a little bit more, may be 2100 or 2200. 

My calorie intake changes every week (it's based on Minus Pound diet plan). 

Fish Chris

Fish Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

As long as you're eating healthy foods, you can have as many calories as you want.

Quite simply not true. If a person eats more cals than they burn, they will gain fat. Period.

Say a person burns 2500 cals a day, and eats a diet of pure garbage, fast food, candy, and chips, but this garbage only totals 2500 cals per day, their weight will stay the same. If they only eat 2300 cals of junk, they will actually lose weight.

On the other hand, say a person eats like a complete healthfood freak (like me :) and they burn 3800 cals a day. If that person (or I) eat 4000 cals a day, they will gain fat ! This was a lesson that I had to prove to myself, first hand. Because believe me, I can eat a truckload of healthy food, and arive at whatever # of cals I'm shooting for. I have an endless appetite.... which is good, as I'd like to build as much muscle mass as humanly posible for my age and genetics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The only difference that healthy food over junk food will make, is that the person will likely feel better, have more energy, have a stronger immune system, and "posibly" live longer.

Peace,

Fish

safexcrane

safexcrane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationIndia

A normal human should intake 3000-5000 calorie a day..

mascone

mascone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

actually I am no idea. How to caculate it? Say if I ate 3 slice breads, 2 eggs, 1 orange juice and 3-4 cashewnuts for breakfast?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users