Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

What's your ideal job?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
What's your ideal job?

I'm heavily considering a career in International Business of some sort. I don't know what specifically field of business yet, though. I'm fluent in English (obviously) and hope to be practically fluent in Spanish by my senior year in high school, where I can take the AP test and also be in Spanish National Honor Society. I plan on focusing on a America-Europe relationship, so German and French are also important languages that I hope to learn.

Posted Image

Posted Image

tunescool

tunescool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
i dont wanna work, so i have no ideal job. who wants to get up up every morning and be tired from yesterday

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

i dont wanna work, so i have no ideal job. who wants to get up up every morning and be tired from yesterday

Those who want to earn money do it. ;)

What do you do then?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
My ideal job is that which lets me earn tons of money while just sitting around all day. But of course, these jobs are very few and very shady, too. :P I have a lot of dream jobs, though, and at the top of my list is to be an inventor or scientist. I want to invent or discover something that would have a great positive impact on the whole world, and possibly the whole universe. :)

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Not really sure to be honest, looking to do an Economics degree after college. I would love to be a pilot though.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

Not really sure to be honest, looking to do an Economics degree after college. I would love to be a pilot though.

Economics sounds decent to me. I apparently am okay at it at my high school. And a pilot would be fun! Free flying, too, always a bonus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Economics is a good degree and has many career paths. Flying as a job/career would be great but the costs of flight training are really high and there is no guarantee you will get a job at the end of the training, plus the cost of type rating too as some airlines expect you to pay for that as well. There are some sponsored schemes available that pay for a part of the training but they are very rare. If you have the money for flight training, many recommend doing flying as a hobby rather than as a career.

shaun

shaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
My dream job would be a professional football playing for one of the best clubs in the world. Earning millions playing football, you can't get much better than that. A more realistic ideal job, a personal trainer in a hot country with an outdoor culture, training clients on the beach etc.

altrouge

altrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
Wow, I have a lot of ideal jobs to be honest.

But the one I will always go for is something to do with tech. I plan on taking Computer Science when I get to university, and possibly (and hopefully) be able to major in Computer Forensics. Ah, I love this, and I got more inspired after seeing McGee and Sciuto in NCIS!

Well other than that I'd love to be a famous drummer, a marine sniper or even just a plain housewife :lol:

Posted Image

Chryss

Chryss

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada
I'd like to edit books. I've done some - fiction and non-fiction - and it seems that I'm good at it. It's actually fun; time flies. I used to think I'd like to write books. I write well enough but somehow I don't manage to cobble together a book on my own. But anybody who has written a book needs some fine-tuning, and that's where I would come in.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA

Wow, I have a lot of ideal jobs to be honest.

But the one I will always go for is something to do with tech. I plan on taking Computer Science when I get to university, and possibly (and hopefully) be able to major in Computer Forensics. Ah, I love this, and I got more inspired after seeing McGee and Sciuto in NCIS!

Well other than that I'd love to be a famous drummer, a marine sniper or even just a plain housewife :lol:

That was actually a consideration of mine too. I just don't know how interested I am/not in the field of coding and stuff like that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Houston Owner

Houston Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationHosuton
I want to start a company, it my dream job to own a huge company!

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

I want to start a company, it my dream job to own a huge company!

What kind of company do you like?

Houston Owner

Houston Owner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationHosuton
I want to be a financial broker, so want to start a company & have emplyees under me!

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

I want to be a financial broker, so want to start a company & have emplyees under me!

Wow. I think a brokerage firm has one of the highest incomes, especially if you land a really good deal. Good luck to you! :)

ledinsek

ledinsek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHagapolis
I want to be a biotechnology technician, who is the person works in a laboratory assisting scientists in the research, development, and testing of various forms of biotechnology.
Biotechnology, or biotech for short, may sound like something out of science fiction, but it has actually been around for millennia, ever since the earliest civilizations crossbred their domestic animals and genetically engineered their crops.
Biotech refers to any technology that uses biological systems, organisms, and their derivatives to make or modify products, and the modern biotech field has applications in everything from food science to genetic research. However, today's biotech industry is primarily concerned with the manufacturing of medicine and pharmaceutical drugs.

hyipplus

hyipplus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationVN

I'd like to be an office worker. Just for a foreign company.

Mark L.

Mark L.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

I'd like to be an office worker. Just for a foreign company.

When will you get your dream job?

hyipplus

hyipplus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationVN

Open my own fashion store with my gf :)

Katyacanim

Katyacanim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEastbourne
I wanna be a nail technician. Saving money to take a course :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users