Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

What's your ideal job?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Chaplin

Chaplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Mine is green energy, the fastest growing industry in the next decade.

Freer

Freer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

My ideal jobs are local government jobs, such as airport screeners, border patrol agents, and immigration agents.

makaniel17

makaniel17

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Mine is information technology which is one occupational field that has appeared in each and every growth industry: information technology, namely, anything having to do with computers, software, and the Internet.

safexcrane

safexcrane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationIndia

Mine ideal job is one in which i earn money but with that I can give time to family too.

Mark L.

Mark L.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Wish I Were A Professional Chef

Years ago, I had thought about becoming a professional chef, but I never went the route of taking classes or becoming certified. Today, I really wish that I had. While I feel like I am a great home cook and I throw lots of dinner parties to showcase my food, it still seems like something is missing and I should have gone further and made it a career. I know that it is never too late to start, however I can't really see starting something so significant at this point in my life. I guess I'll just keep experimenting with cooking at home.

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationhelp im lost i forgot

My perfect job was response officer for alarms

I got to work with fire cops k9 even saw a k9 eat the pot

I had lights on my personal car

I loved helping break downs on the side of the road the people you meet

The help you give I had a lady out of gas so I ran her over 5 miles to get her trucker husband and more miles to gas and back to the car

I did it for the love of it never wanting or accepting money

But it came with a high price I was hit by a drunk while out on one his mirror and door caught
My utility belt by gun and radio

I was thrown 4 feet into ditch radio cell most every thing on the belt broke or smashed

I was young and dumb so I got up and went to work asked for a temp belt

Now older and my hips are paying

The mental toll of bad accidents car with young kids mom tried racing the train

It changes a person to hold a hand and feel death pulling it from your grip I saw to much

I have been shot stabbed and beaten with anything you can name

you get dirty cold and it wont wash off but I always still loved the helping the comforting

that’s the memories I try to focus and remember there were lots of good and fun

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understands you,
it is when you don't understand yourself.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

The next time you think you’re perfect, try walking on water.

David Kit

David Kit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA

I want to earn money, so I prefer different types of job according to my ability like ; teaching  or any official job.

jevika

jevika

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationindia

There are a number of benefits to serving in the military that normal jobs cannot match.  Free medical care, being able to buy things for much less at military store, and job security.  But by far the greatest benefit is serving the land of your birth.  There is no greater gift you can give your homeland than to protect it with your own hands, mind, and heart. So when you are considering what to do with your life, think about the benefits of military service.

mehakkhurana

mehakkhurana

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationindia

My ideal job is working for a company where I'm challenged and the work is exciting or new. 

hemantlatawa

hemantlatawa

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationindia

My ideal job is SEO that i do now i love my job & i am happy with it.

hcbridal

hcbridal

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

I want to have a career but I also want to be able to take care of my children as well. I'm upset that I won't be able to have both.

For me, the idea job is that there i can take my kid at work.

ednaek18

ednaek18

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCasa Grande, Arizona

I want to have a career but I also want to be able to take care of my children as well. I'm upset that I won't be able to have both.

For me, the idea job is that there i can take my kid at work.

Of course you can! That shouldn't be a concern at all. More and more women are working from home for that exact reason. They can have their career and a family.

hcbridal

hcbridal

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Of course you can! That shouldn't be a concern at all. More and more women are working from home for that exact reason. They can have their career and a family.

I'm unsure of what type of work I will do. I don't want to sell things over the internet. I want to do the same line of work I am doing now.

ednaek18

ednaek18

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm unsure of what type of work I will do. I don't want to sell things over the internet. I want to do the same line of work I am doing now.

You can do that. Many companies offer software that allows you to work for them from your home. You won't have to purchase anything.

hcbridal

hcbridal

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

You can do that. Many companies offer software that allows you to work for them from your home. You won't have to purchase anything.

I am nervous about working for another company. Maybe my boss will allow me to work from home. This way I can keep my job and just change location.

Ashish92

Ashish92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndia

My ideal job is to listen to my own mind and roam the entire world capturing it all in my lens :)

ednaek18

ednaek18

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I am nervous about working for another company. Maybe my boss will allow me to work from home. This way I can keep my job and just change location.

It doesn't hurt to ask. I don't think you have anything to be uneasy about. You have the type of job where location really isn't an issue. You should tell your boss your concerns now that you are going to be a mommy soon.

juvy

juvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

CEO of my own company

SteveJackson

SteveJackson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts