Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
Windows 8 is nearing release. Who is excited for it? Will you get it?

http://windows.micro...release-preview

I'm going to get it when I get a new laptop. There is a deal where it is $14.99 if you buy a new computer with Windows 7 in the USA.

Posted Image

Posted Image

alfishstik

alfishstik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationVancouver
Any estimates when? I'm looking forwards to it.
It seems like a median, I bet Windows 9 will get rid of the desktop and stuff and only keep the metro stuff.

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
The Windows 8 release date has been confirmed as October 26th - http://www.t3.com/ne...med-for-october

alfishstik

alfishstik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationVancouver
Cool, didn't know they set a date.
I was expecting them to release it before the school year started to catch on to more sales and revenue...

And I think it's silly of them to offer the "Buy a Windows 7 PC now and upgrade to Windows 8 for only $15" promotion...

micro1000â„¢

micro1000â„¢

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
I use windows 7 and i am happy with it, so won't change to w 8 anytime soon.
Posted Image

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

I use windows 7 and i am happy with it, so won't change to w 8 anytime soon.

Same. Might get it later on though, or when I buy a new PC.

pandaa

pandaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationWashington
I think it's great on tablets, but as for PC's, I doubt I'll ever upgrade. I think it looks horrible, and I don't like the changes, such as getting rid of the Start Menu. I do like the support for different chips now, though! :D

Posted Image

alfishstik

alfishstik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationVancouver

I think it's great on tablets, but as for PC's, I doubt I'll ever upgrade. I think it looks horrible, and I don't like the changes, such as getting rid of the Start Menu. I do like the support for different chips now, though! :D

Really? I think it looks great and has more functionality. I like the way the "Start" screen replaces the menu, it's more interactive and informative.
And the desktop is still there so you can still install Windows 7 based programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users