Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Do You Read In The Bath?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Have your read a book in the bath? It takes a bit of care. I stick to newspapers.

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
No, I don't read in the bath. I personally would find it quicker and much easier to bath and then read afterwards.

Hanako Ikezawa

Hanako Ikezawa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
And risk getting my book wet? No chance.
Today I don't need to reach your deafened ears and
I don't need to try and fill your empty heart, 'cause
All I need now is the agony I see upon your face,
That's good enough for me
In the end

iLi3kCa3k

iLi3kCa3k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDevelopment Hell
I don't take baths, I only take showers and well, I barley read.

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
What the

What

WHY

Superpie36

Superpie36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
I'd have to say no. I don't have enough time to take a bath. I only take showers, and it's pretty hard to read in the shower.

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
No way, it could get wet, no risking there.
Posted Image

shaun

shaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I've never read in the bath but I haven't had a bath since I was a teenager, I have showers instead. Thinking about it now I might have to start having the odd bath because it is good for relaxation. If I do have a bath it would be good to have something to read.

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
Nope, I don't think I've ever read in the bath. :o

Mystique

Mystique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationCape Town
No, I don't read when I take a bath. My bath time is used to relax and to enjoy it. However, I do have a music player at the end corner of my bathroom, which I would normally put on a classical CD or any music CD that suits the moment.
~ Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else ~

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
This subject reminds me of The Cat in the Hat Comes Back...

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia

What the

What

WHY

I would have thought perhaps someone may have. I have two baths. One is outside in a 3 sided enclosure and the water is heated using a woodchip heater. There is endless hot water so it's possible to lay in the tub for an hour. With care you can read. :yes:

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
While the thought of attempting to read in a bath has occurred to me before, I came to the conclusion that the potential risks and awkwardness involved in attempting it counteracted the gain. This realization was quite strongly reinforced by how clumsy I tend to be at the best of times. No need for me to go the extra mile to increase my mishaps. As Teekay identified it is more efficient to take a bath and then read afterwards, or my preference would be to do them in the other order.

Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia

While the thought of attempting to read in a bath has occurred to me before, I came to the conclusion that the potential risks and awkwardness involved in attempting it counteracted the gain. This realization was quite strongly reinforced by how clumsy I tend to be at the best of times. No need for me to go the extra mile to increase my mishaps. As Teekay identified it is more efficient to take a bath and then read afterwards, or my preference would be to do them in the other order.

If you get a chance try reading a news paper or magazine.You will never look back. :great:

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
Reading a newspaper in the bath is possibly something which I would be prepared to attempt. As I do not have any desire to keep a newspaper for an extended period of time so any mishap would not bother me too much.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users