Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Let's Talk About KIDS!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Mystique

Mystique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationCape Town
Okay, do you have kids? Or stepkids?

If you don't have any, do you plan to have one or two (or even more!) in the future?

Do you even like kids?

Do you think you will be a good parent (if you are not one already)?

:D

My answers:

I have 2 stepkids and it never crossed my mind at all in the past that I would become a stepmother at the age of 32. I enjoy it, but at times, it can be overwhelming. I feel it's harder, in a way, because they are not my own child, so to tell them to do this and that, or even to scold them, I feel as if I have to be very careful.

I don't plan to have one of my own - for many reasons.

I like kids, although I adore and love my nieces/nephew a lot (must be because we're blood relatives).

I think I'm an alright step-parents, although many people including my MIL/SIL think I'm doing great.
~ Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else ~

secret

secret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Locationnc
I can take or leave kids. My girlfriend has one, but she doesn't live with her. Her grandmother takes care of her daughter. I don't really want her to have any more kids, because the both of us refuse to really grow up anyhow.

Hanako Ikezawa

Hanako Ikezawa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
Don't have any, though I am godmother to my best friend's daughter. Adorable little creature. The title itself doesn't mean much as I'm not religious, but it's such a nice gesture. Plus I love kids. At least the kids of my friends. I don't particularly like other kids, they tend to always be screechy, sticky, screamy and annoying, and their parents just tend to ignore them (I work in retail and I see this happen a lot. Makes me hate people.) I would like a child of my own, but it's a matter of finding the right person, as well as being able to support a child properly. Plus I'm a little freaked out at the idea of giving birth in general.
Today I don't need to reach your deafened ears and
I don't need to try and fill your empty heart, 'cause
All I need now is the agony I see upon your face,
That's good enough for me
In the end

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
I like COOL kids. And there are a lot of nasty ones.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Okay, do you have kids? Or stepkids?
Do you even like kids?
(if you are not one already)? :D

Yes I have a daughter and a son.Both are studying. My daughter is doing childcare and loving it. My son is doing computer sciences at uni and doing exceptionally well. I like kids and am fortunate they grew up in the era prior to computers dominating our society. It must be difficult for parents monitoring even the youngest kids computer use with all the technology that is so readily available.
Well done on being a great step parent. At times a little harder no doubt then them being your own.

iLi3kCa3k

iLi3kCa3k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDevelopment Hell
I'm only sixteen, so no children. In the future I do intend on having children, but at a more appropriate age.

micro1000â„¢

micro1000â„¢

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
I have the same point as iLi3kCa3k, don't have any yet, but in the future i might.

Posted Image

supernovax3

supernovax3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUSA
I don't have any children yet. I'm still unsure as to whether or not I want them. Ideally, I'd adopt a couple children when I am older and established in my career and financially stable. I can certainly see the appeal of biological children, but I think it would be better to adopt children that need a home than to create another human being on this already overpopulated planet. I also do NOT want to give birth. Omg, hell no. No no no no no. No.

I love children very much, though. I think they can be so much fun! Some of them are crappy, bratty, or all around undomesticated but I've also met quite a few children who were adorable, polite, and reflections of incredible parenting. I wish I had siblings so I could just have many nieces and nephews to spoil and play with :)

Fish Chris

Fish Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

When I was 8 yo, I walked up to my parents and told them, "Ya' know what ? I'm never going to have kids". Of course they just laughed and told me, "Your only a kid yourself. One day, you will grow up, meet / marry the right women, and of course you will have kids". I told them, nope. That won't ever happen. They just laughed it off.

So here we are > 40 < years later, and guess what ? Their ain't none, and their won't ever be none ! Just like I said.

Do I like kids ? Sure ! Kids are (or can be) totally adorable. Its no wonder that the human population continues to spiral out of control > 7 billion and counting. IMPO, this is already WAAAY too many, but so few people really take the time to stop and think about it, and even if they do, the common justification is > "Well everybody else is having kids, so we are too" !

Just to be clear, the Earth does not have too many kids. What it has, is too many human beings in general !

Oh, but do I think I'd be a good parent ??? Contrary to what people often tell me, no. I don't think I would be a good parent. I'm just a 48 yo kid myself. Kids should not have kids.

Peace,

Fish

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon

wow! Thats a deep question lol I would love to have kids one day.. only when me and my partner are both ready

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK

I have a little boy, and I love him to bits, yeah it can be hard work but its worth it. I think its harder being a step parent though because depending on the circumstances etc its about getting that child to accept you etc or not wanting to replace their real parent, it can be a bit of a strange situation. 

ImmenseRadio.com - Non Stop Dance

ImmenseLive.com - Just Great Music

David Kit

David Kit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA

Yes I have 2 kids. I love them alot because they are very sharp minded and naughty and teas me everytime in whole day.

hemantlatawa

hemantlatawa

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationindia

I am married & i plan plan to have two & no metter it's boy or girl i love kids.Yes i know we will be a good parent after we have a baby.

Patric

Patric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPleasanboro

I am married & i plan plan to have two & no metter it's boy or girl i love kids.Yes i know we will be a good parent after we have a baby.

Hmmm.....That's Not A Bad Idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users