Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Interviewing the interviewee.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
Feel free to quench your curiosity here. I may not answer all questions, but I will make an honest effort to do so. If I am not prepared to answer one, I will give an explanation such as it being too personal.

Posted Image

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
What is your favourite topic of discussion?

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
Who's your favorite author?

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
Why did you join this forum?
Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I see Scarletrose you are a Kiwi. I'm in Tasmania and we feel here, New Zealanders are like cousins. How do you feel about Australians?

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

What is your favourite topic of discussion?

It is difficult to think of a particular topic. Perhaps the predominant one would be the relationship between the social and cultural. It is hard to say though. This question had me quite stumped.

Who's your favorite author?

I am not really sure who my favourite writer is. I will however provide a list of ten writers I quite like in no particular order.

Noam Chomsky,
Ashley Montagu,
Bronislaw Malinowski,
Andrew Heywood,
Lucy Mair,
Jeffery Sluka,
Richard Lewontin,
Renato Rosaldo,
Ghassan Hage,
and Marvin Harris.

Why did you join this forum?

Hanako Ikezawa told me to join. xD

I see Scarletrose you are a Kiwi. I'm in Tasmania and we feel here, New Zealanders are like cousins. How do you feel about Australians?

There is certainly a lot more closeness compared to how Kiwis relate to the rest of the world. I am typically quite happy when I notice there are Australians on a forum I have joined.

Posted Image

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
If you would have won a trip to the space around the Earth, would you go?
Posted Image

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
Are you into sports? If you are then what are your favourite sports?

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
As much as I do not like violence I must say I was saddened to hear this morning the death of 3 more New Zealand troops in Afghanistan. What is your take on NZ involvement in foreign wars? I had always thought of NZ being one of the world's more advanced country's when it came to social and political issues.

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

If you would have won a trip to the space around the Earth, would you go?

A trip to go into orbit for a while? I think I would be extremely happy to accept such a prize.

Are you into sports? If you are then what are your favourite sports?

I kind of fell out of following sports for a while. My favourite sport to watch is Rugby. This season I am going to get back into following the ITM cup and supporting my team, the Auckland Blues. I did follow the most recent rugby world cup though. As for playing sports, no. The closest I get to playing sports is pool. I am quite sure this does not qualify as the kind of sports you had in mind.

As much as I do not like violence I must say I was saddened to hear this morning the death of 3 more New Zealand troops in Afghanistan. What is your take on NZ involvement in foreign wars? I had always thought of NZ being one of the world's more advanced country's when it came to social and political issues.

There are times when I both understand the value in NZ involvement in international engagements and support it quite strongly. However I do not support the actions when they appear to be colonial in nature. Unfortunately many of our engagements that we participated have been of this nature.

Posted Image

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
What sort of music do you listen to?

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I listen to a wide variety of music including, but not exclusive to, rock, pop, rap, and Celtic.

Posted Image

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
What is your favourite song? Past and present?

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
Do you like hot dogs?
Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Did you know that there is provision in the Australian constitution for New Zealand to be a state of Australia?

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

What is yor favourite song? Past and present?

My favourite song tends to typically be a flavour of the moment thing and can change quite quickly. A song which I have quite liked for a long time though would be "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. At the moment it is possibly Sorry by Buckcherry.

Do you like hot dogs?

Yes. I like both American Hot dogs and hot dogs.

Did you know that there is provision in the Australian constitution for New Zealand to be a state of Australia?

I was not aware of this provision. I only knew as far as a governor of Tasmania I believe attempting to purchase New Zealand in the nineteenth century.

Posted Image

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
Do you listen to any music from TV shows?

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Do you go out on Friday or Saturday nights?

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Do you listen to any music from TV shows?

Yes, I can occasionally get addicted to Television themes.

Do you go out on Friday or Saturday nights?

Friday nights on rare occasions. It has been a long time since I have though. Two major reasons for this. One would be the person who organized the outings moved to another city. The other is that I like going out to play pool and drink with co-workers. Due to the staffing levels we have been finishing work quite late on Friday nights. Sometimes as late as 1am (when starting at 11am or earlier!). This obviously makes one too tried to go out. Am going to look at going out on a Friday at some point in the near future. As for Saturday nights, I have work on Sundays so am unable to do so.

Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
You certainly have a busy work schedule. May I ask what you work entails?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users