Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Humanity?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shole

Shole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Did we lost it ? Everyone on of us is a human but does everyone of us have humanity in him? Do we all slowly starting being machines ? i see this every day , the world getting colder and colder. No love no fun , only work and broken hearts. I try to find hope and occasionally I see people doing amazing things but most of the time its just that feeling of walking the same gray street the same gray buildings and so on. What do you guys think?

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
It is rare these days, i remember when i was younger, people were more helpful and had more life in them, but now not so much.
Posted Image

Shole

Shole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

It is rare these days, i remember when i was younger, people were more helpful and had more life in them, but now not so much.

yes that;s what I am talking about. As the time goes we are becoming more and more distanced from other people.

Hanako Ikezawa

Hanako Ikezawa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
Helping people leads to problems down the line, I've found. You help someone once, and they forevermore rely on you when they need something.

Regarding humanity itself, I feel the belief that the lack of it causes people to be cold and distanced is incorrect. To use myself as an example, I struggle to find compassion within myself for people in bad circumstances, and as a result I come across as cold-hearted to people. The reason behind this however, is that I have things in my own life which require my attention, and I don't believe it would be useful to spend energy dealing with other people's problems, when my own are yet to be solved.
Today I don't need to reach your deafened ears and
I don't need to try and fill your empty heart, 'cause
All I need now is the agony I see upon your face,
That's good enough for me
In the end

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Did we lost it ? Everyone on of us is a human but does everyone of us have humanity in him? Do we all slowly starting being machines ? i see this every day , the world getting colder and colder. No love no fun , only work and broken hearts. I try to find hope and occasionally I see people doing amazing things but most of the time its just that feeling of walking the same gray street the same gray buildings and so on. What do you guys think?

I tried to broach this loss in a debate thread on global culture. I feel as our countries loses some of its individualism and embrace a global culture our communities are losing something that we had for one another. Not totally, but enough to see that the need to have what everyone else has and the competitiveness to make money for consumer goods has turned us into workaholics as though we are machines.

Linusdgrt

Linusdgrt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCoimbatore

only educated ppl hav hav lost their humanity cuz dey need money.... but to my knowledge in south india, especially in village ppl are very gud.. comparing the ppl in urban area..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users