Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Julian Assange

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
Do you know who he is, what is he doing? Talk about it here. Let's see what people have to say.
Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Julian is an Aussie activist and a founder of WikiLeaks which is suppose to give transparency by using news leaks. He came unstuck when he allowed the publication of sensitive US diplomatic cables supplied by Bradley Manning a US army soldier serving in Iraq.
The current complication as we all know, is Julian
is holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy and may be kidnapped by the Brits and handed over to the Swedes under current extradition laws for some weird convoluted sex charges which seems to be a rouse for them to hand Julian over to the Yanks to unleash their venomous justice. How dare you show the atrocities the USA does in foreign lands. :evil:
In this video innocent civilians were murdered including a man who tried to assist the wounded while he was taking his children to school in a van.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogFZlRiTHuw

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
As Radon identified he has been a key figure when it comes to sharing classified documents with the public. This has been especially important as quite troubling atrocities have been revealed throughout this sharing. Other points of interest have been what he has revealed about the negotiations between Palestine and Israel. There I think the attention and emphasis on the sex charges is highly suspect. As for the charges themselves, I am not sure as to their validity.

Posted Image

Steven

Steven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationKentucky
So, the past two posts basically laid out who the man is...what is your opinion on him?

I believe he's one of the few true journalists out there today. And I'm really dissapointed with the way the world is treating him.
Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
In the past newspapers shared the stories they wished to. Owned generally by self-interested megalomaniacs they fed us the stuff that would further their success. We only have to look a Rudi Murdoch and of course all those others of times gone by.
It seems Assange like a lot of other altruistic journalists would rather inform the public then to feather their own nests. Onya Juli.

localhost

localhost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Wikileaks were recently DDOS'd by a massive attack.. I wonder who's behind it -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users