Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Can us humans ever be completely selfless?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Do you believe that as humans we can be completely selfless or do we have our own agenda in mind?

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
We live to reward ourselves.There is no point in feeling guilty that we are not completely selfless.We do things to make ourselves feel good. Whether it's a health diet, exercising, giving something or praying, it's for ourselves. Perhaps we could consider that by not being selfless we would continue to do good deeds if it was only to benefit ourselves by feeling good. :yes:

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
Yeah i agree with radon.
Posted Image

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
I think this question is quite open to interpretation. Even within a hypothetical small isolated community we would observe the same actions being given different values by the people present. When we throw in the diversity of cultural and historical perspectives it becomes very difficult to establish what qualifies as a selfless act. This being said the impact of an action, as Radon rightly points out, is a more apt measuring standard.

Posted Image

Iskuzo

Iskuzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationLondon

I agree with you...

polo75

polo75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

I do not believe that we can be completely selfless ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users