Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Fishy Question?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Do you think fish feel pain?

jason.1

jason.1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Locationus

yeah i think fishes feel pain...

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon

Yeah i think they do lol

Fish Chris

Fish Chris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Fish feel negative impulses sent to there rudimentary brains, by their nerves, which might tell them something like "move away" or "spit that out". However, do they feel pain, like we feel pain ? No. They simply don't have a brain / nervous system which is developed enough to feel it like we do. Something like a Dolphin, or Whale can probably feel pain a little more like us.

By the way, did you know that some species of saltwater fish have been hooked, and battling for their lives, with a giant hook ripping into their throats, gills, and anything it gets close to..... and yet, at the very same time, these fish have been known to continue to feed, sometimes even swimming over to bite a hook on a second rod !

Now, I don't know about you, but if I swallowed a bite of my dinner, then had a big, gnarly hook ripped into my thoat, and start yanking me away from the dinner table, I'm thinking, that might be last bite of food I thought about trying to eat for a while !

Peace,

Fish

David Kit

David Kit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA

yes definatly..fish can feel .

hemantlatawa

hemantlatawa

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationindia

Every one this earth has breath has feel pain & fish can breath under water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users