Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Do you stretch?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
Do you stretch your muscles before exercising? How important do you think stretching is?

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Your still awake 22_22.
Stretching is important as long as you don't push yourself too far.

Steven

Steven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationKentucky
Stretching before exercising does not actually warm you up, it wears your muscles down. Meaning, stretching before a workout will wear you out quicker and make you more liable to injury.

Knowing this, stretching is still important as it makes you more flexible and is recommended that you do it a few times a week. But you should only be stretching, and stretching alone.

Instead, you should be doing warm-up exercises instead of stretching. (eg. jogging for runners)
Posted Image

Sundadaran

Sundadaran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationlondon
I stretch before and after I work out at the gym :P I even strecth when I wake up in the morning lol

altrouge

altrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
I stretch, it's something passive to me. Whenever I wake up I immediately stretch, pretty much when I feel like it.

Posted Image

Nestel

Nestel

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUSA

I love to do stretching before and after my workout, it is great practice for boosting body muscles. One major benefit of stretching is it improves body posture. Make balance between body and mind. It is so good for loosent up tight muslce....

safexcrane

safexcrane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationIndia

I stretch when I wake up in the morning and after completing exercise.

mascone

mascone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Whenever I wake up, I stretched properly. It feels good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users