Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Where do you get your news from?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
TV, Newspaper, Internet, Twitter feeds?

Steven

Steven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationKentucky
The Young Turks online news show.
Posted Image

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
The Internet because TV news sucks.

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
For Sport news I usually watch Sky Sports News and sometimes I check on Twitter and other sites like BBC Sport, etc. I sometimes read the newspapers though. :)

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
Mostly the internet, but sometimes i check the news on the tv.
Posted Image

Frodo

Frodo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Google reader.

pandaa

pandaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationWashington
A lot of the time it's from TV. But they don't have time to cover everything, so I go on the Internet. Usually if something big has happened, there will be a forum post about it.

Posted Image

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand

The Young Turks online news show.

This is one of my sources of news too. I have been a member for about a year or so. Although I have been listening since 2008.

I also use Democracy Now, Maoist Rebel News, Al Jazeera, Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.

Posted Image

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK
Every morning I check the BBC News app on my phone without fail......and the only reason I choose BBC is it in alphabetical order and Sky News is much further along hahah

ImmenseRadio.com - Non Stop Dance

ImmenseLive.com - Just Great Music

Deathstar 80

Deathstar 80

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I like to watch a mix of Fox News and CNN. I have news sources on my twitter account that helps me keep up with everything as well. And every now and then, I'll read the newspaper if I see a headline that interests me.

For most of the time, I don't receive my news from internet news sources. I go to internet sources only if I need a source for a forum thread. Since I usually like to talk about current events pretty often, I've gotten used to having internet sources to back up what I'm saying. About which websites I like to go to, I prefer to have multiple sources in order to prevent political bias.

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK

I like to watch a mix of Fox News and CNN. I have news sources on my twitter account that helps me keep up with everything as well. And every now and then, I'll read the newspaper if I see a headline that interests me.

For most of the time, I don't receive my news from internet news sources. I go to internet sources only if I need a source for a forum thread. Since I usually like to talk about current events pretty often, I've gotten used to having internet sources to back up what I'm saying. About which websites I like to go to, I prefer to have multiple sources in order to prevent political bias.

Interesting point about political bias, here Rupert Murdoch owns a lot of media such as Sky News and various newspapers. Over here newspapers are allowed to be biased but radio isn't which intrigues me. On top of that we have the BBC who's job it is to remain unbiased and just present the facts, in the UK we are lucky to have such a corporation as the BBC but due to recent scandals such as Jimmy Saville it has given the other news suppliers plenty of ammunition to rip into the BBC

Deathstar 80

Deathstar 80

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Stevo87, I'm glad you mentioned BBC. I might add that as a news source of mine. I heard BBC is pretty informative.

By the way, I know this is a little off topic, but is Europe in economic trouble right now? If you don't mind stevo87, could you talk a little about that? Since you're from UK, I was interested in what your thought about Europe's economic problems right now would be.

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK

Stevo87, I'm glad you mentioned BBC. I might add that as a news source of mine. I heard BBC is pretty informative.

By the way, I know this is a little off topic, but is Europe in economic trouble right now? If you don't mind stevo87, could you talk a little about that? Since you're from UK, I was interested in what your thought about Europe's economic problems right now would be.

Thanks for the question death star, yes the EU is in termoil at the moment, countries such as France Spain and Portugal are struggling and some have had EU bailouts. The UK is lucky they never took on the euro as it has become such a weak currency and now the UK government has several issues to address. The UK pays such a huge amount into the EU it is unjustified. The government is under increasing pressure to hold a referendum into leaving the EU. Personally I would love to leave the EU, they are requesting higher budgets when no country can afford it and so little to show in return.

As for the BBC, I think the fee is a hit expensive, bit at the end of the day we get an impartial information source, programmes such as watchdog perform independent issues into consumer problems and get real answers. The BBC is seems as a name not to he messed with....even after their jimmy saville issues

localhost

localhost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Google reader is a great tool, it can condense a lot of sites into one. I have about 15 or so different news sites in there, and it's listed in just one list.

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK

Google reader is a great tool, it can condense a lot of sites into one. I have about 15 or so different news sites in there, and it's listed in just one list.

I will have to give that one a go

RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I get all my general news from BBC as the source is reliable, I watch both the television channel and also read the articles on their site. As for gaming I tend to go to Rock Paper Shotgun or watch Youtube videos made by Youtube gamers for latest news information in gaming. As for tech, CNet.

Amitkapoor

Amitkapoor

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndia

I mostly get my news from Internet.

WhireeJeM

WhireeJeM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKralupy Nad Vltavou

The main ones are: Liberty Times.

antara

antara

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yahoo! News
CNN
MSNBC
HuffingtonPost
Fox News
Washington Post
LATimes
Mail Online
Reuters
Drudge Report
CBS News
ABC News
Google News
New York Times
ABCNews
USA Today
BBC News

And the alternative news website.
ithp.org
Conspiracy Planet
Psych Central
Natural News
Common Dreamsthings!
Rense.com
AlterNet
Pravda
ATSopinions
Mercola
Mother Jones
Benzinga
The Real News Network
Godlike Productions
Rogue Government
Before It's News
OpedNews
Disinfo
Democracy Now
World Net Daily
what REALLY happened
mother nature news
Consortium News
In These Times

Cady81

Cady81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I will have to give that one a go

Google reader will soon close the best Google Reader alternatives so far is CommaFeed, it's the only thing that comes close to Google Reader, although it has been a bit slow lately and doesn’t let you search within a specific group of RSS feeds or within just one feed.

What do you thinks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users