Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Dictionary and Thesaurus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

22_22

22_22

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationEngland
How often do you look up words on either the Dictionary or the Thesaurus? Do you read it online or offline? Do you ever read them for fun or maybe you use them to practice for a test?

Hanako Ikezawa

Hanako Ikezawa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
Occasionally I use my browser's inbuilt spellcheck to make sure I spell something correctly. Aside from that, I have a reasonably good grasp on the English language to not need it.
Today I don't need to reach your deafened ears and
I don't need to try and fill your empty heart, 'cause
All I need now is the agony I see upon your face,
That's good enough for me
In the end

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand
I use Google's define function on a fairly regular basis to double check the definitions for certain words I am using. I am also quite dependent on built in spell checkers. I can also find field specific dictionaries to provide for recreational reading. Although this can also prove to be a source of irritation when they present definitions which I disagree with.

Posted Image

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I have both a Dictionary and a Thesaurus on the floor by my desk for use. I use them from time to time.

Rajesvig

Rajesvig

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIndia

I love to learn new words everyday from dictionary.  I use dictionary offline as well as online. There are many websites online which provide dictionary with each word explain with examples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users