Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Internet, brings more harm then good?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

he is not a hacker he is a cracker
hackers are to increase security while crackers are the bad ones trying to take over your lovely computer

Where'd you hear that?
Being 'hacked' is having someone using your account or obtaining details without permission. A hacker isn't someone to help security at all, it's someone who tries to bypass it.

A cracker? I don't know what you're talking about. Cracking software, you mean?

Anyway... The internet definitely doesn't bring more harm than good. The internet is great and there's only a small part of it that can cause harm. Like said, as long as you know what you are doing, you should be fine. Just stick to what you know.

LMFAO @ KRABBY!!!!!!!!!
(oh and hello everyone...)

krabbby

krabbby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
hacker doesnt even begin to describe it. i can do any hacking thing if i truly wanted to. i am a computer genius.

shadowwwclone

shadowwwclone

dUmb !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
so pls master haxor ....
pls h@ck this website :)

Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

hacker doesnt even begin to describe it. i can do any hacking thing if i truly wanted to. i am a computer genius.

Of course you can, I totally believe you.
I'm sure you can do anything you want because you are such a genius.

Now please hack my account on this forum.
Best of luck.

My username is Jay.
Hack me, biatch.

(Once you are in my account make a post in this topic saying "Hello!" just so everyone knows how awesome you are.)

khaleel

khaleel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationEarth, No Really XD

he is not a hacker he is a cracker
hackers are to increase security while crackers are the bad ones trying to take over your lovely computer

Where'd you hear that?
Being 'hacked' is having someone using your account or obtaining details without permission. A hacker isn't someone to help security at all, it's someone who tries to bypass it.

A cracker? I don't know what you're talking about. Cracking software, you mean?

Anyway... The internet definitely doesn't bring more harm than good. The internet is great and there's only a small part of it that can cause harm. Like said, as long as you know what you are doing, you should be fine. Just stick to what you know.

LMFAO @ KRABBY!!!!!!!!!
(oh and hello everyone...)

A cracker is the one obtaining your password I Know
for example one of the method is brute force
hacker is totaly different
CHECK OUT FRUSTRATING GAMES -- CLICK THE BANNER BELOW
Posted Image

krabbby

krabbby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i dont care if you believe me or not, but i wouldnt prove myself to you even if i could. at the level i am at, my computer is monitered by the government. if i " use my obtained skills for any purpose not pertaining to 1st SOFOD-D or any related branches" i could be sentenced to up to 20 years in federal prison and a BCD. believe what you want.

shadowwwclone

shadowwwclone

dUmb !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
that would be a gr8 long lasting holiday....njoyeeee

khaleel

khaleel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
oops sorry i made a mistake I meant to say that hackers deacrese security not increase
sorry for the misunderstanding
I know about this about this cracking because I have done this before
just for fun
Posted Image

Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

A cracker is the one obtaining your password I Know
for example one of the method is brute force
hacker is totaly different

Stop acting like you know what you're talking about when you clearly don't.

i dont care if you believe me or not, but i wouldnt prove myself to you even if i could. at the level i am at, my computer is monitered by the government. if i " use my obtained skills for any purpose not pertaining to 1st SOFOD-D or any related branches" i could be sentenced to up to 20 years in federal prison and a BCD. believe what you want.

Of course you can.
However, anyone with the 'skills' you claim definitely wouldn't be on a forum like this, and definitely wouldn't act in that way.
I assume you are having some kind of weird joke with yourself, but if not, you must have some kind of mental issue?

oops sorry i made a mistake I meant to say that hackers deacrese security not increase
sorry for the misunderstanding
I know about this about this cracking because I have done this before
just for fun

You have done "cracking" before for fun? Please tell us all exactly what you mean, I could do with a laugh.

Seriously man, shut up with your bull stories.

khaleel

khaleel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
Im not making stories I did do that And I know whats a cracker
and I not going tell you how
Beleive me or not I know how to do it
krabby I never said That you can't I just want to get the terms right
Posted Image

shadowwwclone

shadowwwclone

dUmb !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
common guys STOP this discussion on hacker & cracker...
there is nothing like hackers & crackers & blah blah....

Defn. for hacker:- A person who likes to play with computer in terms of everything & tries to makes changes in it as per his/her needs for the betterment & development of computer system.

There are two types of hackers:-
1. Coders
2. Network Admin

& the person using this type of knowledge for wrong(criminal) purposes is described as a so called "Cracker"

Example of a hacker: Steve Woznaik [He is the creatoe of Apple computer. And the rest about it.... Just google it !!]

Example of a cracker:- Kevin D. Mitnick [I hope everyone knows him....lol]

If you aren't still satisfied with the hacker vs. cracker....
then just click here

Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

common guys STOP this discussion on hacker & cracker...
there is nothing like hackers & crackers & blah blah....

Defn. for hacker:- A person who likes to play with computer in terms of everything & tries to makes changes in it as per his/her needs for the betterment & development of computer system.

There are two types of hackers:-
1. Coders
2. Network Admin

& the person using this type of knowledge for wrong(criminal) purposes is described as a so called "Cracker"

Example of a hacker: Steve Woznaik [He is the creatoe of Apple computer. And the rest about it.... Just google it !!]

Example of a cracker:- Kevin D. Mitnick [I hope everyone knows him....lol]

If you aren't still satisfied with the hacker vs. cracker....
then just click here

SHUT UP YOU RETARD, THIS IS THE POINT OF THE BLOODY SECTION; DEBATES.

For a start, I'm not sure what site you got that from, but yes, I suppose some people will class a 'hacker' as someone who helps security and a 'cracker' as someone who hacks.

Personally, if someone said "I'm going to hack your account" I wouldn't want them to because they DON'T mean "I'm just going to improve security on your account" they mean "I'm going to hack your account" hence get access.

So yes, it depends what you read and where, but the definition of hackers and crackers obviously isn't very clear.

In reply to shadow then let's use your own example:

If I research Kevin Mitnick on wikipedia I can find a list of his criminal acts:

Confirmed criminal acts

* Using the Los Angeles bus transfer system to get free ride
* Evading the FBI
* Hacking into DEC system(s) to view VMS source code (DEC reportedly spent $160,000 in cleanup costs)
* Gaining full administrator privileges to an IBM minicomputer at the Computer Learning Center in Los Angeles in order to win a bet
* Hacking Motorola, NEC, Nokia, Sun Microsystems and Fujitsu Siemens system

... So you're telling me that a cracker hacks now? Why not call them a hacker... ?

shadowwwclone

shadowwwclone

dUmb !!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
i don't care about what you think...!!!

krabbby

krabbby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
they are basically the same thing because there is no set definition for either.

Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

i don't care about what you think...!!!

Wow, you're pathetic.

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I think the internet brings good, unless you misuse it

antara

antara

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

In my opinion that's a difficult query to reply, almost everything has negative and positive factors, originally, they are created for beneficial, yet, most of the time some of them turn out to be used for negative usage.
The World Wide Web also can be described as the excellent case, it has become a paradise for a great variety of hacking, copyright violations, pirating activities, from this point of view it actually brings more harm than good.

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK

I think with the internet (putting aside all the legal sort of stuff, and going for a social aspect) is ideal for people with little or no opinions. It appears if you have an opinion with anything theres always somebody who wants to argue you to the death, I find this from time to time as my thoughts are seen as distasteful or offensive. However places such as forums like this are about understanding theres different opinions however places like facebook you find people all want you to think exactly like them, well no, I'm not going to, i'm the black sheep in the field full of white sheep. (don't start calling me racist, its just a metaphor) 

ImmenseRadio.com - Non Stop Dance

ImmenseLive.com - Just Great Music

polo75

polo75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Everything has its own pros and cons and internet is not an exception so if used in the right direction it can really paly an important role in your life.

milesmaxx

milesmaxx

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsan jose

I think the internet can bring harm but people can not deny that the internet is the most important achievements in 21 century. The internet is useful or not, that depend on the way people using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users