Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Where is the farthest from your home you have traveled?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

supernovax3

supernovax3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUSA
If you've had many different homes, then maybe just pick whichever destination was farthest from your home at the time.

The farthest I've traveled from home is actually where I am now, Estonia. I came here last month and I'll go back home (America) later this month.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Not far from Australia. I got as far as Thailand. I had planned to get to Europe and cycle around. Never did. :confused2:

cherrystarz

cherrystarz

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i live in californa but lived in sweden for a year right after i graduated from high school. i was a part of the rotiary international exhange program. it was an adventure for sure. i lived with two host families, went to swedish high school for fun and traveled the country by train. definitely an experience of a life time... i encourage everyone to live in a foreign country for at least a year, it will change your life so much.

ford1001

ford1001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I have gone from Sydney Australia to Seattle US.

RedBoom

RedBoom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I've been around the world literally. I've traveled to Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, North America...

polo75

polo75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

I have only gone to Australia.

Iskuzo

Iskuzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationLondon

I have gone to south america from london

nijushrestha

nijushrestha

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationnepal

my country has got a numerous places to visit but still i have not yet made such  a long journey from my house . it may be because my parents are busy in their job and are not able to give time to their children . i really wish to visit those places which is rich in natural beauty . Mustang is the place that i have kept in top most list where i want to visit.

loragalvez

loragalvez

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Scotland is the farthest place I have visited.

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationhelp im lost i forgot

Wow thats hard for me living  on my own i went from top of IL to bottom panna i think a 8 hour drive each way

as a kid every summer from IL to Texas to see my cousins

then there was IL to Iowa to see my uncle as a young kid he would take me on his truck routes

in my 20s mom got hurt in a bridge the bridge was covered with dead bugs attracted to the lights

there group 4 of the 6 bikes went down mom hurt her hip dad broke the clutch had to use vise gripes to shift and get home

mom wouldn’t ride after that so me and dad would just pack cloths and rain gear and go

days weeks I saw field of dreams I saw house on a rock caves

my life is filled with wonderful trips and places I took a bust long time age to Texas

my parents my si every ones down there now

so I took a bus back then it was nice crap the places the views the chance to short times of seeing placed before you had to jump back one

if I could get a spyder st or Honda gold wing 3 wheel im disabled

now days with how many bikes get hit I prefer spyders front is huge there more like a car harder to hit or miss my mom made my dad stop after they hit his bike when going to work

Poor man almost had a funeral for his bike him and my cousins dad loved biking til wife’s made them stop I gets in the blood like a infection it never leaves the urge the want is always there

open road crying for you

I would just roam everywhere anywhere I love motorcycles the smells how

Your cloths smell when you get off man no windows air and unrestricted views

Im a bicker but not harly or sport I love comfortable touring bikes my dads was Honda gold wing

Sorry subject just bring so many good fun memories out me and the wife went to sate parks 3 or so not really far but so beautiful

but i never left US i dont want to to amny bugs problems sickness etc we have it hear but not as bad i wil stay with traveling the us

Thanks yall have a great one enjoy every sec every tiny thing in life its to short not to

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understands you,
it is when you don't understand yourself.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

The next time you think you’re perfect, try walking on water.

Ashish92

Ashish92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndia

I haven't been out of India yet but in India the farthest I have traveled was a 35 hour journey by train. Going to top it up soon with a 45 hour journey.  

stockbrokers

stockbrokers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationindonesia

Turkey, I went there last year

myvavoister

myvavoister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationindia

i have travelled from india to europe and fiji island which is soooo far from rest of world

tursiops

tursiops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

The furtherst from home I have travelled (home being France) is Japan - went there twice, one 2 years ago and another time, this time to the ryukyu islands, 1 year ago. Loved both times, although I prefer mainland Japan. The thing with Japan is that additionally to being far from home, you really feel this distance, because everything is just so different from western culture. I loved it, but it also tends to make you homesick if you don't have anyone there with you who you can communicate with, language being a huge issue. I wanna live there so bad for a couple years - best experience in my life.

Also, I went to Estonia last spring and loved it. Talinn is a beautiful city, and not too expensive. But the nicest thing was the drive through he forests and countryside. Would have liked to explore it more, we were only there for 2 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users