Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Why have a hobby?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

RedBoom

RedBoom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Why do future employers ask what your hobbies are during your interview?

What does it have to do with applying for a job?

stevo87

stevo87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUK

Good question, I think hobbies are a lot less important when going for a job than they used to be, now they look at experience etc. Long gone are the days when people had loads of free time and money to take on different hobbies. And the person interviewing you, well their hobby is probably playing golf on a posh golf course at the weekends with the money their on. 

Which does bring me to another point. How can golf, darts and snooker be called sports? 

ImmenseRadio.com - Non Stop Dance

ImmenseLive.com - Just Great Music

CarolHaymen

CarolHaymen

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

I don’t think there is connectivity between your hobby and job. Hobby is just only a time passing activity that entertains you.

Sports watch with Gps system online.

jre1106

jre1106

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationArkansas

When interviewing someone I always ask about hobbies.  It is not important what the hobby is or how often they contribute their time to their hobby.  It is more of a question to open up conversation with potential employees.  It is important to know that an employee can speak freely to you without hesitation.

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationhelp im lost i forgot

like above it tells about a person there likes and if a hobby may cause lost time like a gamer sorry guys they may get right in the middle of the spot they have been working for weeks and call off

just a get the feel of you

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understands you,
it is when you don't understand yourself.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

The next time you think you’re perfect, try walking on water.

Ashish92

Ashish92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndia

The hobbies of a person are a clear indication of his interests and thinking, and it also gives an idea of how he assesses any situation and what will be his intuitive actions towards any situation

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

Forums-Like-To-Ban-Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationhelp im lost i forgot

The hobbies of a person are a clear indication of his interests and thinking, and it also gives an idea of how he assesses any situation and what will be his intuitive actions towards any situation

holy crap thats deep and intense

whats mine say about me???

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understands you,
it is when you don't understand yourself.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

The next time you think you’re perfect, try walking on water.

juvy

juvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

hobby is your regular activity for pleasure, maybe they're just curious what are you doing in your free time

LLyUV

LLyUV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

False.

swatijain2233

swatijain2233

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationJaipur

Indina Food Store

Indina Food Store

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIndia

There are two main purpose behide to know about hobbies:-

1. Hobbies also tell about a person's personallity.

2. They want to help to candidate to become some friendly.

Trollye358 is one of the top leading grocery stores,  you can buy vegetables online Delhi as well as you can buy dairy products online.

daydreamer

daydreamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I think they ask about hobbies to talk about something else than the job and to create a relaxed atmosphere.

kalmakuran

kalmakuran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationAjmer

Playing Games and Read Books..!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users