Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

violence against women

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pranu

pranu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationhyderabad

India was never very safe for women, but of late there seems to be a
flagrant disrespect that is governed neither by societal nor legal
norms. It seems to be simply up to the men to perpetrate violence and
for women to safeguard themselves as best as they can.

crimes against women are part of a wider change where reactionary forces
are becoming dominant. Globalization seems to have narrowed the space
available for women even further by creating economic and social divides
that provoke a conservative backlash from those who feel left out.

friends what about this ?what to do?can any one disuss?

antara

antara

New To GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

In my opinion I'd personally suggest legislation which makes sure the criminal like these kinds should be imprisonment until death. It is crucial that we make rules and then try to cease existing physical violence against girls and women. However, it is more important to do something to stop it in advance of the starts.  

Kim845

Kim845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Really, it isn't just in India. It is in a lot of other countries. I've traveled worldwide- India being just one of the countries. And I have felt unsafe in other countries including my own (USA). Also, in a lot of ways I am scared to protect myself against acts of violence. Where I live in the USA, if someone commits an act of violence against you and if you protect yourself, and injury the person causing you harm. You could end up going to jail as well...

polo75

polo75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

The crimes are increasing because of the weak laws and delay in taking actions against crimes. People do not have any fear in India.

kcate

kcate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Recently, engineering students in India have invented anti-rape underwear with the aspiration of defending women from sexual attack. It seems not a bad idea.

http://www.digitaltr...e-undergarment/

hyipplus

hyipplus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationVN

It's up to that country's politics and security. The only one thing we can do for these women is pray for them, pray for their future that they can live in new politics.

Iskuzo

Iskuzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationLondon

I agree with polo75

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users