Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

God

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

There are two believers up there who keep saying that they wouldn't force the others to start believing in God, but their responses in the thread shows that they intend to.

Anyways, I don't. I am not into all this religion because I actually have an idea on how this thing all started. Back in second year we were studying about religions, and heck I remember seeing one being created just so they don't have to pay for the property they're in and now it has a huge population of believers. There are other reasons in my case but I really don't feel like blurting it all out here, just in case I "offend" someone.

P.S.
There are people who do nice things because they don't want to be punished by God and they want to go to heaven. There are non believers who genuinely do good things because they're just like that.

Yeah, arguments and debates about religion can turn offensive most of the time because believers consider religion as their way of life. And I totally agree with your P.S. :) Religion doesn't equate to morality. In fact, I know a lot of atheists and agnostics who live a more noble life than the so-called religious people.

Gamrpro

Gamrpro

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFl, USA
I do believe in Him but I'd like to see it for myself. There are personal stories which the only explanation is that God does exist.

Come on how do you think the big bang was ignited? Even though God said he created the world in 7 days it's not very true. He just wanted us to know how long it took him in our time (24 hours a day).

Mystique

Mystique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Yeah, arguments and debates about religion can turn offensive most of the time because believers consider religion as their way of life. And I totally agree with your P.S. :) Religion doesn't equate to morality. In fact, I know a lot of atheists and agnostics who live a more noble life than the so-called religious people.

I can actually say the same for the non-believers. They like to shove it down the believers' throats that God do not exist and their way (the non-believers) is the right way to live :) I don't normally get into debates about religion, because there are some believers and non-believers that are just so annoying. I believe in Allah but I never force my belief on anyone - I don't think that's right. I have sinned and I have also done good, but I do those things because I wanted to. Just my two cents :)
~ Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else ~

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

I can actually say the same for the non-believers. They like to shove it down the believers' throats that God do not exist and their way (the non-believers) is the right way to live :) I don't normally get into debates about religion, because there are some believers and non-believers that are just so annoying. I believe in Allah but I never force my belief on anyone - I don't think that's right. I have sinned and I have also done good, but I do those things because I wanted to. Just my two cents :)

True. There really are some good and bad things on both sides. Anyway, spirited debated like this isn't forcing beliefs onto others. We are sharing them, yeah, but it's different from shoving them down each other's throats.

Linusdgrt

Linusdgrt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCoimbatore
Love is God... If u service of love to some one then u r God.. I'm God.. u r god.. everyone of the same are God.. no doubt.. god is existing

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
I believe that since there isn't a universal defintion of God, it's useless trying to answer.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Some days yes other days no. It all depends how I feel.

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAotearoa New Zealand

I believe that since there isn't a universal defintion of God, it's useless trying to answer.

I would disagree with this. If you will recall Universal Studios has the film Bruce Almighty. In this film we find a Universal definition of God.

Posted Image

computerwis

computerwis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Well, I don't currently have a religion but sometimes I do believe in god. It really depends on the mood and what is currently happening.
Posted Image

Iskuzo

Iskuzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationLondon

I do belive in god..

polo75

polo75

• Members
  • PipPip