Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Gay Rights?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

THT

THT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Are you for or against gay rights?

I am for. I'm not here to say how love can find anyone. It is just how can a sexuality be a limiting factor in what you can do in the world?

ZeroxPain

ZeroxPain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
That's their choice. It's their life not mine or anyone elses.

khaleel

khaleel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationEarth, No Really XD
I don't really care
Sorry for the disrespect
CHECK OUT FRUSTRATING GAMES -- CLICK THE BANNER BELOW
Posted Image

computerwis

computerwis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I thing gay should be banned and not allowed in any countries. Is it disrespecting the human culture.
Posted Image

Zandr.

Zandr.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
I'm with khaleel. It doesn't effect me, I don't really care tbh :D.

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I think gays should have rights, if not it is like racism

BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHeaven ;)
It's their choice really. Who am I to judge besides if it makes them happy go for it :)

altrouge

altrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

I think gays should have rights, if not it is like racism

^ this.

Also, I don't get why people condemn this type of situation. I mean, it doesn't directly affect their life, nor does it give them a sense of disgrace since they're not connected to those people anyway.

Posted Image

kawae2901

kawae2901

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
"I would like to see a society where individuals have the maximum freedom to pursue their own objectives, in whichever direction they wish, so long as they do not interfere with the rights of others to do the same."
Milton Friedman

Granted he's an economist, but I think this can be applied here.

Individuals have the right to adhere to whatever sexual orientation they wish, so long as they do not interfere with the rights of others. Homosexuals have no right to force religions to recognise same sex marriages, even if they attempt to achieve this goal through the influence of the state. However, if they wish to start their own religion in which same sex marriages are recognised, they are perfectly entitled to do so.

Parker

Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

"I would like to see a society where individuals have the maximum freedom to pursue their own objectives, in whichever direction they wish, so long as they do not interfere with the rights of others to do the same."
Milton Friedman

Granted he's an economist, but I think this can be applied here.

Individuals have the right to adhere to whatever sexual orientation they wish, so long as they do not interfere with the rights of others. Homosexuals have no right to force religions to recognise same sex marriages, even if they attempt to achieve this goal through the influence of the state. However, if they wish to start their own religion in which same sex marriages are recognised, they are perfectly entitled to do so.

I agree with most of what you said. I'm not really sure what you by forcing religions to recognizing gay marriages though. But just because a religion believes something doesn't make it morally correct. There are countless times in history where religion has been on the wrong side of morality or even decency.

Superpie36

Superpie36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
I believe LGB citizens should have equal rights. I will be voting to approve Referendum 74 this November. Many conservatives claim that the inequalities exist because of text in the Book of Leviticus that condemns homosexuality. The Bible condemns sodomy, but it also condemns the eating of pork, use of condoms, sex before marriage, divorce, and many other things that are considered socially acceptable in our society. For St Peter's sake, half of all marriages end in divorce nowadays. Now I ask, why does our society still consider homosexuality immoral?

MakingCents

MakingCents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I believe in equality. Which means I am for LGB having all of the rights that heterosexual people have. If heterosexuals are allowed to get married, then LGB couples should be allowed to marry.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I am all for gay marriage. I have some friends who have been living together for many years but they have no intention on getting married. It's a totally a choice thing in anyone's life whether Hetro or Gay.
Currently there is legislation being drawn up in my state that will be decided on in parliament to allow Gay marriage. If it's passed it is thought it would generate spending here of tens of millions of dollars per year which would help this basket case of a state's economy. So politicians are a little more in favour of it for more than one reason.

micro1000™

micro1000™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSerbia
They should do what they want. It's their life, nobody elses.
Posted Image

Jessi

Jessi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
They absolutely should have rights. I don't see any good reason for them not to be allowed to marry just like everyone else. If they want to, then why not?

Do you play with your food? Quirky Cookery

Leon

Leon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio
I'm against gay marriage. It's immoral, in my opinion. If they want to be gay, then they can be. But I don't think they should have equal rights with heterosexual married couples.

Posted Image

Hanako Ikezawa

Hanako Ikezawa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

I'm against gay marriage. It's immoral, in my opinion. If they want to be gay, then they can be. But I don't think they should have equal rights with heterosexual married couples.

Are you against interracial marriage? 40-50 years ago, people said the same things you're saying now, but about racial minorities, not homosexuals.

"They should keep all blacks in their own state, they are a a human mess. They make me sick if God wanted us to be all the same then he would not have made us white and them black. They should just abolish them. Now replace all the "black" with "gay" and see how stupid you sound."

I am 100% for equality. Everyone deserves their own shot at happiness, and as long as it doesn't harm other people, nobody should be allowed to dictate what is and is not allowed.
Today I don't need to reach your deafened ears and
I don't need to try and fill your empty heart, 'cause
All I need now is the agony I see upon your face,
That's good enough for me
In the end

Ghost

Ghost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDixie
I think it's slowly getting accepted. Massachuesetts, California, New York, and...I don't remember what other state(s) recognize gay marriage, but it's bound to expand from there. Except maybe in the South. ._. I'd be amazed if it got legalized anywhere in the South.

iLi3kCa3k

iLi3kCa3k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDevelopment Hell
I don't think homosexuals should have rights, I don't think they should even exist. I think they're wrong, immoral and need to be damned in hell. Marriage should be kept sacred between one man and one woman.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I have no problem with anyone being with anyone. As long as they are human. I am a bit flummoxed though by the fact that Australia will now allow gay couples surrogacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users