Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Busy or Bored?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

2787cmt

2787cmt

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
If you could choose to be busy, or bored, which would you choose?
Would you rather be busy? Would you rather be bored?

I would rather be bored, myself. There is way too much frustration and pressure usually, when I am bored. It's a load of stress, when I am busy, most of the time.

What about you?

StevenF50

StevenF50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Busy for me because when I'm bored I start walking around my house and getting angry just because I'm bored and it really drives me up the wall. I've got to be doing something all the time or I might go mental so certainly busy.

Lounger

Lounger

Settling In

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Busy, hands down. I would get things accomplished and time would go by much quicker.

TheHostBox

TheHostBox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Busy, because I am bored all the time

resistingdestiny

resistingdestiny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
Busy because usually I get great results after a good days work.

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Always busy because when I am busy I normally get paid :)

Rose @ Walnut Acre

Rose @ Walnut Acre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I would much rather be busy than bored! :yes: When I am bored my mind races and I get fidgety and frustrated. I like to be busy doing creative and constructive things - gardening, cooking and baking, sewing, writing, teaching, etc. Then at the end of the day I feel so much more fulfilled and content.

phio_chan

phio_chan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationHidden Universe
Hard to say exactly. Can I pick busy and bored one after another? :P

I would choose busy actually. Feeling bored kills me deep inside because I am quite an active person. Though I don't like pressure as well and always feel like I don't have enough time to rest or get lazy around, it is better because it keeps me active and working. Being bored is just so... boring. XD

"The person whom I miss like crazy... is you."

Posted Image

tunescool

tunescool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
i am the laziest person in the world wouldnt want to be anywhere but laying in my bed on the computer. i love doing nothing and always have. im content just being in my own mind thinking whatever i want

Teekay

Teekay

General Talk Admin

• Administrators
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
I'm not really that bored but I wouldn't want to be busy all the time, it would mean that I wouldn't have time for others. Overall, I would rather be busy but doing something so that later on I can have some free time.

Jessi

Jessi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Busy, busy, busy!

Yes, I need breaks, but the idea of being bored is...well, boring. At least if I'm busy, I'm doing something...fun or not, I have the chance for it to be fun, enjoyable, or turn out in an awesome way. There's nothing positive to me about being bored at all.

Do you play with your food? Quirky Cookery

Angel

Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
Uhm, I'd rather be... procrastinating. Haha! I'm always busy and I hate it sometimes but I don't want to get bored, either.

radon

radon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Hard to imagine myself to want to or to be bored. As mentioned the closest to being idle would be to procrastinate and that can be Mmm work avoidance and I like that. :sleep:

BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationHeaven ;)
I myself would rather be busy than to be bored. My depression seems to creep on me when I'm bored and when I'm not keeping busy. Sure I love to have a break and be able to sit down and think, but thinking too much is never good.

I would love to stay busy because then I'd get a lot more done and my apartment would always be spotless. Unfortunately I'm not always busy and my apartment is a bit messy :P

polo75

polo75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Busy because I love being busy.

Moden

Moden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationElgin, IL

In my opinion being too bored or being too busy is generally the same: insufficient organizing. I'm not talking about the momentary, short and passing boredom or busy periods, I'm talking about the persistent never-ending cycle of being unsure what direction is, or even where is the destination you should go to the next, or perhaps you don't know where to begin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users