Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Working in holidays?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Kaynil

Kaynil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I'm gaining work experience, so basically I am volunteering in order to learn more about retail. I decided to go to work today even though it was a holiday. Meanwhile a friend teased me about he'd get paid for not going to work. We had a good laugh. It was a funny situation.

Anyway, I know my friend would typically prefer the day off than extra money, as he values more spending time doing what he likes that having extra money, unless he's in need of money, hahah. I have another friend who finds silly not to take any opportunity to make a little bit extra. I guess there are different ways to see this.

Given the chance do you typically accept to work in holidays in order to get paid more per hour or do you rather take them off?

Chaplin

Chaplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

I don't like working on holidays unless I get the extra pay.

Combo

Combo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEngland

I work full time anyhow. Doesn't make any difference. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users