Welcome to General Talk
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account now!
Photo

Online Education

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGreece

Nowadays, online universities with live courses are very popular. Internet can help us to graduate from an online university, learn new languages and attend courses. What do you believe about all these the online universities? Do you think that Recruiters would hire an applicant who has only an academic degree from an online school? Has anyone of you ever attended e-classes? 

Personally, I am very interested in discovering how all this system works. As Human Resources Employee, I do not really like applicants who do not have a degree from a normal university. I think that most of the people do not trust the quality of the online studies. But this is right, isn't it? Do we know how strict these courses are? Do we know if the applicant knows even the basics of its field of expertise? 

stockbrokers

stockbrokers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationindonesia

the wife of President in my country graduated from online university

myvavoister

myvavoister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationindia

online education is future for current education system!!

Indina Food Store

Indina Food Store

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIndia

Online education is usefull only for that who can't access for daily classes, we can say it's not a very good sytem for a student. But working individuals can't attented the daily classes in colleges due to job work, if they are thiking for higher study then online education is a best way.

Trollye358 is one of the top leading grocery stores,  you can buy vegetables online Delhi as well as you can buy dairy products online.

tursiops

tursiops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

I don't know if this is exactly what you meant in your intila post, but I certainly find that online courses and online diplomas add a lot to your CV. For example I would recommend coursera, as they have thousand of online learning courses with exams lectures etc and the best part is they're all free. And I know a couple of people around me who did an online masters and get very far (one of them in public health - she is now working high up for an NGO in Brighton, UK). I think it's really a matter of being more open minded about these things and not only accepting the traditional degrees. As far as I know the online ones are just as strict, you have supervisory meetings, deadlines and presentations in the same way as a normal course. I mean when you think of it, what does a normal degree bring you that an online one cannot? Sure, contact hours, but as I said with online courses you have online meetings and so on. Personally I feel that I learnt the most during my masters degree studying and researching on my own, at home. Contact hours (i.e. lectures) are sometimes so theoretical and broad that they dont do anything for you. At least in the UK thats how I feel. It all depends how practical your course is.

kalmakuran

kalmakuran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationAjmer

Yes,

online education is future for current education system!!

tursiops

tursiops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Agreed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users